Further information and how to book your place can be found at: eventbrite.co.uk
About the course
This course identifies 5 key areas of the Osteopathic Practice Standards as Communication, Consent, Conduct, Competence and Complaints. An overview of each of these areas will enable osteopaths to be knowledgeable about requirements and leave with the practical skills to maintain high clinical standards.
This will be an interactive course involving examples and challenges to help osteopaths consider and improve their standards in each of these key areas of practice.
- Understand the requirements for communication, consent, conduct, competence, and complaints
- Gain skills in each of these 5 key areas to achieve good clinical standards
- Apply practical examples to each of these areas of practice
- Gain confidence in your understanding of the Osteopathic Practice Standards
- Identify areas for personal development
09:30-10:45 Communication – barriers, styles and breakthroughs
11:00-12:30 Consent – practical scenarios
13:30-14:00 Reflection on learning
14:00-15:00 Cherishing concerns and complaints – interactive cases
15:00-16:00 The conduct of an osteopath
16:00-17:00 Conscious competence
17:00-17:30 Reflection on learning
About the course leader
Deborah works as an osteopath in private practice alongside running Mint Practice and being on council at GOsC. Mint Practice provides information and resources to help osteopaths comply with the Osteopathic Practice Standards. Through Mint Practice Deborah has spent a lot of time researching regulations and understanding how to apply them to osteopathic practice.