Further information and how to book your place can be found at: mumandbaby-at-home.com
Following on from our popular workshop ‘The Miserable Baby PART ONE – treating feeding and digestive disorders, this workshop explores the effects of birth interventions and the treatment of Shock & First Breath Syndrome in the newborn. We further consider the lower gastro-intestinal tract, pelvic mechanics & other common factors of early life causing miserable & unsettled behaviour.
As with all our courses, emphasis is on treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
- First Breath Syndrome & Shock in the newborn.
- Effects of traumatic birth eg. forceps, vacuum extraction, caesarian section & how to treat these.
- Exploration of the use of CV4 and EV4 stillpoint techniques in babies & infants.
This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may effect cranial mechanics.
- Have a basic understanding of the Cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) as some techniques require palpation of the Involuntary Mechanism.