Further information can be found at: cpdo.net
In this interactive workshop, Dr. Jeremy Howick will explore with the participants the mechanisms and evidence for placebos in supporting patient recovery and enhancing individual lives.
At the end of the workshop the attendees will gain evidence-based tools they can use clinically to enhance the care of their patient.
The workshop is suitable for all medical practitioners and manual and physical therapists
- Session 1 – Introduction – Experiential proof that placebo effects are real and easy to implement / Sharing placebo stories / Q&A
- Session 2 – Placebo Wars – Why optimists and sceptics about placebo effects are both wrong / Placebos work for some (important) things / Q&A
- Session 3 – Placebo inner workings I – Conditioning / Neural mechanisms
- Session 4 – Placebo inner workings II – Expectations and Empathy
- Session 5 – Placebo Tools – Verbal and body language you can use to enhance placebo effects
- Session 6 – Real sharing and next steps – Commitment to improving practice with placebo tools