Further information on how to book your place can be found at: occ.uk.com
This 1-day course is designed for professionals with a responsibility for the care of children and babies and provides knowledge and skills to deal with a range of paediatric first aid conditions and incidents. On successful completion of the course and assessment, you will receive a FAA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification and valid for 3 years.
This 1-day course is also suitable as a refresher to re-certify your First Aid skills after 3 years.
A range of subjects is covered including:
- Role of the Paediatric First Aider
- Primary survey
- Recovery position
- Resuscitation (CPR including the safe use of an AED)
- Minor injuries
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
The qualification is assessed both through practical demonstration and written assessment.
A learner must successfully pass a practical assessment to achieve the qualification.
- Tuition and course resources
- Examination, certification and registration fees
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid manual