Further information and details on how to book your place can be found at: mumandbaby-at-home.com
Infant Regional Examination 0-6 months:
- An in depth approach to assessing the head, cranial base, cranial vault & patency of sutures, face including eye, ear, mouth & tongue, passive motion testing of the neck, evaluation of shoulder girdle, elbow, wrist and hand. Development of hand function from birth. Evaluation of the thorax and thoracic spine, abdomen to include visceral palpation, lumbar spine, pelvis, hip, knee, foot & ankle.
Assessing & treating the infant hip, knee & leg.
- Introduction to growth and development of the hip and lower extremity
- Assessment & treatment of hip dysplasias
- Practical Session 1- the hip joint
- Development of the knee joint in infancy & beyond
- Early life conditions/pathologies of the knee joint
- Practical Session 2 – the knee joint
- Hypermobility, diagnosis, assessment and effects on development
- Development & disorders of the infant leg
- Practical Session 4 – treatment approaches to the infant leg
This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:
A 6.5 hour CPD certificate will be given at the end of the day.
- Be able to take a Paediatric case history and understand your legal & professional requirements for treating infants.
- Understand the basic physiological processes of birth and how this may impact on body mechanics.
- Have an understanding of the cranio-sacral approach (Sutherland, Upledger etc.) as some techniques require palpation of the Involuntary Mechanism.