Details on how to book your place can be found at: mumandbaby-at-home.com
Pregnancy can be a highly challenging time for the musculo-skeletal system, as body shape & weight alter dramatically over a relatively short timeframe. In Part 1 we focussed on the sacro-iliac joint, pubis, coccyx, pelvis and low back. In Part 2 we consider the rest of the body especially the ribs & thorax, abdominal wall & uterine ligaments, abdominal organs, and peripheral areas.
In this highly practical one day workshop, we will explore the pregnant body, and learn appropriate techniques (direct & indirect), exercises, taping, management & patient advice.
Emphasis is on evaluation, treatment, practical management and advice rather than in depth anatomy & physiology which participants can study at their leisure.
Throughout the day we will be covering a variety of topics including:
- The Uterus & Uterine Ligaments – diagnosing and treating Round Ligament and Sacro-uterine Ligament pain
- Techniques for ribs, diaphragm, thoracic outlet, thorax and sternum, thoraco-lumbar junction.
- Taping techniques for wrist, foot & ankle
- The pregnant abdomen – position of abdominal organs and effect on their function.
- Abdominal pain in pregnancy – common conditions, techniques for anterior &
posterior abdominal wall .
- Exercises for the trunk, thorax and abdomen
- Treating using the Involuntary Mechanism in pregnancy
Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate underwear as we will be using each other to practise on.
Fully illustrated notes, especially developed for this workshop, will be supplied on the day.
This in an Intermediate Level workshop. To get the most out of this course you should:
- Understand the basic physiological processes of pregnancy.
- Understand your legal obligations when treating pregnant patients, including cautions & contra-indications to manual treatment.
- Have a basic understanding of indirect treatment approaches as some techniques will require knowledge of these.