Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/axial-spondyloarthritis-refresher-for-manual-therapists-tickets-88489499475?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
About the talk
– Revise the spectrum of Axial Spondyloarthritis (including Ankylosing Spondylitis)
– Myth-bust the common misconceptions of AxSpA
– Review the latest research into and treatments for AxSpA
– Explain how to effectively and regularly screen for inflammatory back pain
– Revise the extra-articular manifestations of AxSpA that can aid clinical reasoning
– Demonstrate the new RCGP-validated referral template letter for referring patients to their GP for AxSpA screening/diagnosis
– Discuss the role manual therapists can play in helping patients effectively manage their AxSpA symptoms, as part of multi-disciplinary care
– Review the NICE Guidelines for management of AxSpA
– Review appropriate hands-on techniques for patients with AxSpA
– Discuss case histories to develop clinical reasoning when considering AxSpA
£20 per person. Places are limited, so advance booking is advised.
CPD certifcates for 1.5 hours, handouts and refreshments will be provided.
About the speaker
Zoë Clark, M.Ost ND DO, Educate and Advocate Training.
Zoë Clark is an osteopath and speaker, with a special interest in Axial Spondyloarthritis and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Zoe has worked with the National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society, Institute of Osteopathy and Royal College of Chiropractors on the NASS Allies Programme: creating a presentation for the NASS Allies seminars, conducting a research survey of osteopath and chiropractor knowledge of AxSpA published in Rheumatology Advances in Clinical Practice and creating an RCGP-validated referral tool for manual therapists.
For more information about Zoë and E&A Training, please visit www.eandatraining.co.uk