For further information and to book your place visit: cpd.uco.ac.uk
Three children in every class in the U.K. have a mental health problem. Identifying and getting the right help is imperative due to the lifelong implications of little or poor management. As osteopaths we have the privilege of spending longer with our patients allowing us to identify potential problems. Many of us do not feel equipped in this important area of patient care which will be addressed by this course. As well as learning how to identify potential mental health problems in children the course also covers the legal responsibilities we have as practitioners including consent.
Understand the legal framework including safe guarding
- Understand your role as an osteopath
- Who, when and where to refer cases onward
- Common paediatric mental health problems and key points to help you identify them
- Practical approach to the management of the paediatric patient who has a mental health diagnosis from an MSK view point
- Case based discussion to share and broaden knowledge