Understanding and Communicating Chronic Pain
To book your place today call 01582 488 455
This day will introduce participants to contemporary pain neuroscience and its place in managing pain problems. They will leave with a broad understanding of strategies to address this in the clinic and with resources to support further knowledge in this large and dynamic field of practice.
Am: Exploring the problem of pain
- Explore models of care relevant to managing pain (45 min talk with 45 min group work)
- Use of pain neurobiology education in your clinic (45min talk with 45 min applied group work 45 min)
Pm: Getting your patient on board : Strategies to make your consultation ‘even better’
- Being with distress and moving forward despite pain
- Value based goal setting in collaboration with patients
- Supporting return to meaningful activity
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand basic pain neurobiology and be able to apply this in clinic
- Develop an awareness of their own and patients/clients models of understanding pain
- Learn about different pain management strategies and be able to use these within their own practice
- Have the opportunity to practice a selection of these.