Scottish Osteopathic Society Meeting CPD – Advanced level Vestibular Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dundee Kingsway W, Dundee DD2 5JT
Price: Member £80 day non member £130 Day
Lunch and huge amounts of tea coffee and biscuits included.
The course is practical in nature, evidence based and fully referenced and is an up-to-date and in-depth look at treatment concepts and rehabilitation strategies for complex vertigo, dizziness and balance disorders
On completion, the participants will have:
- Developed their understanding of the pro-active, multi-factorial nature of the balance system
- Reviewed the peripheral and central nervous system pathways involved in vestibular disorders
- Reviewed up to date ideas behind vestibular disorders, and more challenging forms of compensated vertigo (visual vertigo, cervical vertigo, phobic postural vertigo)
- In practice, learnt to diagnose and treat positional vertigo (BPPV), canaliathis and cupuloliathis variants, in the posterior, lateral and anterior semi-circular canals
- Planned appropriate rehab programmes based upon individual assessment and clinical reasoning
- Practiced & progressed treatment interventions to the dysfunctional side, incorporating aze, cervical manual therapy and functional exercise
- Learnt to integrate vestibular treatment & cervical manual therapy within a neuro-musculoskeletal ssessment, to optimally treat cervical dizziness
WHAT TO DO NEXT
1: reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know who will be attending.
2: send your cheque or make your bank transfer (details below)
3: Turn up and enjoy yourself!
CLICK HERE FOR PAYMENT DETAILS
We look forward to seeing you all there.